In the meantime, my August goals recap is long overdue. Here it is:
- Try 5 new ClassPass classes. CHECK! I went to Shred415, Kettlebell Boot Camp, Tabata Boot Camp, Iron & Oar and Hardcore. Then I've actually been to 2 new classes in September so far (PiYo and Run/Glide45), so I'm on a roll!
- Drink a gallon of water a day. I probably hit this goal 70% of the time.
- Try 3 new recipes. 2/3 check. I tried shrimp scampi zoodles and turkey sausage bolognese spoodles (sweet potato noodles), but need to get a little more adventurous :)
- Track every single thing. With the loss of my phone, no check. I tracked probably 90% of the month minus the lost phone time.
- Hit my step goal 5 days a week. My camping trip actually killed my Fitbit early in August, so I lost sight of this goal really early on. Once I got my replacement Fitbit though, I'm back at it and aiming for 12K a day.
I owe longer recap and have many many workout recaps I would like to write... like one comparing SoulCycle and FlyWheel (this one is coming for sure). I have so many post ideas floating around in my head, but with visitors three of the last four weekends, I have been struggling to find the time and energy to blog. I do want to get better about this, though! Hence, September goals:
- Blog twice weekly. Hold me to it!
- Drink a gallon of water a day. I do feel so much better when I'm extremely well-hydrated, especially given how often I'm working out (and how humid Chicago has been lately!).
- Try 5 new ClassPass classes. Originally I was only going to shoot for 3 new ones this month, but I've already crossed 2 new ones off the list. Go big or go home. Plus, I'm hoping to take advantage of new classes using my ClassPass Flex in Baltimore.
- Work up to a 5-mile long run. Did I mention I'm going to start running again? I'm going to start running again! This deserves a post in it's own right, but I went on my first 5K run in oh... probably a year over the weekend. Spoiler alert: ClassPass has actually helped me stay in much better running shape than I had expected.
- Hit my stop goal 5 days a week. Yep, let's try this one again.
More to come, but I'll leave you with one of my latest favorite quotes:
What goals are you working for this September?